Have you guessed it? Internships is the topic. Why?
- Internships provide real job experience and skills to be used in your first entry level position
- Let’s be real: every entry level job (at least in the business/marketing world) require:
- at least 2 years of experience (internships included, of course)
- excellent writing and grammar skills
- for marketers…a solid understanding of HTML, coding, etc…
- experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and/or Google Analytics
- a ‘can do’ attitude
- willing to go above and beyond
- willing to lose an arm and a leg
- …and maybe a liver
You get the point. Post undergrad is a fight. Unless you are one of the lucky ones, where your internship has a full-time position waiting for you immediately after graduation, quality opportunity is sparse. There may be more job openings than working folks but
These days, a Bachelor’s degree is no longer enough. I, myself, have chosen to pursue a MBA. Why? I know I’ll need it in the future and rather complete it now than later.